These are a series of clear realizations that have come to me during fast. I wish to share them with you.
I began the fast on July 18, 2012, the New Moon, a traditional fasting day in the Indian lunar calendar. On this day it is felt that Spirit is closer to the surface and realizations come more easily. Distractions, including food, are minimized to facilitate this process.
I am planning to fast for our days.
- True love is completely non-attached. There is no fear; if there is the love is not pure.
- Love and desire are not the same. Love is a state of pure giving without needing anything in return, whereas desire/lust wants something, even of its giving. Love has no need of response because it is complete in and of itself.
- I feel free of emotion. That’s not to say I don’t have emotions, but they don’t control me. I control them and I can use them for skillful means, such as showing warmth.
- There is nothing to fear in life. All problems are resolved in the end.
- Life gets better and better.
- It is not necessary to live like an ascetic to be happy. We never have to give up what we truly need, only our attachment to it. For what is ours will always remain.